For lots of behind-the-scenes photos, check out the English Photographer Facebook Page
Recently enjoyed the honour of photographing the famous Fresh Faces World Final here in Barcelona. For those who don’t know, it’s a huge annual modelling competition that attracts aspiring models from across the globe hoping to supercharge their career in that competitive industry.
Conceived by Andreas von Estorff, CEO and founder of such enterprises as Production Paradise, Vimity and ModelManagement, Fresh Faces is hosted by www.ModelManagement.com and their incredibly hard-working people, headed by Mariela von Estorff, Marc Charach and supported by Cristina Cardona Viu, Valeria de Luca and the rest of the team. As well as this prestigious modelling competition, they’ve also just launched a truly game-changing app, ‘Model Search’, which will change how we discover models.
A big project like this requires an incredible team, and I was very happy to have collaborated with these amazing professionals who luckily were in Barcelona at the right time and who really went far beyond the call of duty to realise this shoot;
– Patricia Mullen (a.k.a. Making Faces), whose wealth of hair & makeup experience shines through in the pictures, making my job very easy!
– Katie Donoghue, (a.k.a. Kiss & Makeup) whose buoyant creativity and can-do attitude coupled with a deeply eclectic taste created the amazing make-up and styling on show
– Laia Encinas, whose perfect eye for detail and deeply artistic approach to fashion helped give our models a real edge with a personal, intriguing style
– Richea Yulia, who has modelled for me in the past with breath-taking results, generously shared her unique styling to help create the two iconic looks we aimed to achieve
– Hiromi Torres, without whose invaluable assistance these photographs would not have been possible
And of course biggest thanks of all belong to our models, who flew from all over the world to Barcelona for this!
Laia Queralt Prunera